Media Tips, Tricks, and Hints
Streaming with Unreal
Configuring your Unreal encoder box or IP camera
1. Get the internal IP address of the device by running the finder utilty that comes with the installation CD (you can also download it from their website).
2. Open the device configuration page from a browser.
3. From the device menu, go to "Network Config".
4. You will need to enter in a username and password to access the Network Configuration page. The default is:
5. On the Network Configuration page, change the IP address Setting to DHCP. All other network settings should automatically propagate into the other fields on that page with the appropriate settings (set by the router).
6. The SNTP Server should be set to "Default Server"
7. The timezone should be set to whatever timezone the camera and/or encoder are located in.
8. The Overwrite password settings should only be chamged if you want to change the password used to access the config menus.
9. To save your network config settings, click on the Submit button at the botton of the Network Configuartion page.
10. Then from the device menu go to "Live Source".
11. On the Live Source Configuration page, make sure that UMedia Active Mode is checked, that UMedia Passive Mode is unchecked, and that Live View is checked.
12. Under Connection Parameters, enter in the following:
- Media Server IP Address: unreal.streamguys.com
- Media Server Port: 5130
- Alias of Dynamic Live Source: your user name goes here
- Password of Dynamic Live Source: your password
- Status of Active Mode: This box should say either "Connecting" or "Streaming"
13. Under Media Parameters, enter in the following:
- Streaming Profile: Select your preset bitrate from the drop down menu
- To send Audio should be checked
- Video settings should all be greyed out as they are the preset defaults
- Audio Bit rate: 32kbps
14. Under Streaming Parameters, enter in the following:
- Mode: Buffered
- Allow player to take snapshots should be unchecked
15. The tune in link will be http://unreal.streamguys.com/yourusername (replace the "yourusername" text with the name you entered in the Alias of Dynamic Live Source box in step 12.
And that's all there is to it. You should be able to put the above link into Windows Media Player and hear/see your stream.
If you have an idea for a Tutorial, would like to contribute, or
are just interested in being notified of an update, please Contact Us.